Less than 1 year
The Access-a-Ride Vehicle Operator is responsible for safely operating and transporting the public on this curb-to-curb and door-to-door transit service. The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the functions outlined below. Management retains the discretion to add-to and/or change the duties of the position at any time, if necessary.
Salary Range $16.00 per hour. Shift differentials, hours, before 6:00 a.m. after 8:00 p.m. split shifts and weekends a dollar more an hour. Plus benefits.
Longevity bonuses, $200, at 60 days, 120 days and 6 months.
Need numerous drivers, who are dedicated to making a difference in peoples life's.
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver License and Department of Transportation medical card
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections as instructed by the Safety & Training Coordinator per Via's Standard Operating Procedures
- Safely operate a passenger transportation vehicle
- Possess a functional knowledge of the demographics of the service area
- Maintain a good rapport with the general public, provide door-to-door assistance and appropriately perform safety precautions with riders with disabilities and/or special needs
- Complete (using tablets) daily manifests (schedules) daily transportation logs, contract sheets, incident reports and other recorded information, as required
- Review schedule prior to leaving base to clarify any schedule, client, route, address or special need(s) information
- Follow driving schedule as assigned daily, which includes additional assignments and/or changes as conveyed by the dispatch department
- Responsible for proficiency and safety in operating all wheelchairs, wheelchair lifts, tie-down systems, radios, and special equipment on all Via vehicles
- Responsible for cleanliness of the inside of the vehicle.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination and maintain DOT medical card
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License
- Must possess and be able to maintain a relatively clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Must have knowledge of occupational hazards and safety practice and procedures
- Must have a reliable work history with strong attendance and punctuality records
- Must have a neat appearance and a sincere desire to work with any level of the general public
- Sit in driver's seat for long periods of time
- Use full range of sense of hearing including tone, pitch and volume when operating a transit vehicle, using two-way radio and assisting passengers and the public
- Use full range of sense of speech including annunciation and projection when using the two-way radio and assisting passengers and the public
- Use full range of sense of vision including depth perception, color vision and near/far acuity when operating a transit vehicle
Job ID: 236548006