"WestRock will be a company where each of us genuinely belongs, is respected and valued, and can do our best work, and where diversity, inclusion and equity are competitive advantages."
Our Food Service Packaging facility in Plymouth, IN is seeking a qualified CDL Truck Driver to move materials between local facilities, perform material handler duties at our warehouse, load/unload trucks and be an integral part of the Plymouth team. This position will be moving material from one location to another using a box truck and semi-truck. This is a 2nd shift position, that will work independently to satisfy the movement of materials across the locations with little supervision.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Follow all safety procedures and promote safety & safety programs throughout the facility.
- Use a box truck and/or semi-truck spotter to move materials, finished goods and/or raw material from location to location.
- Load and unload materials from the semi-truck/box truck to the facilities.
- Minimize product damage through safe and careful handling
- Operate a fork truck.
- Identifying and labeling product
- Ensure all paperwork and system transactions are completed timely and accurately.
- Work safely, complying with all safety rules, lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 50lbs, navigating stairs, standing, walking, bending, and kneeling throughout the entire shift.
What you need to succeed:
- Desired candidate will possess a minimum of a high school education or equivalent. (College a plus)
- Class A CDL
- Clean Driving Record
- Fork-Lift license or equivalent experience
- General mechanical aptitude & trouble shooting skills
- Shipping/Receiving experience Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16” measurement), do basic math, and some computer skills.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
- Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Effective communication skills and excellent coordination skills.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Must be flexible on shift as overtime is required
- Must successfully pass pre-employment screenings, drug test, physical and criminal background check.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.